On Friday afternoon, Ralph & Frank came to pick us up. The idea was to drive back with 2 cars and have me practice driving there, but after I packed up, and we had some dinner, it was dark and rainy.
So we decided I'd drive in daylight, and Frank drove instead.
Once we got there, the kids weren't anywhere near tired. They split up, Raul went with Frank to sleep there, and Robin, Quinn and I stayed at Ralph & Missy's. Wine magically kept appearing in my glass, and we were having a good time, and so were the kids. It was 1.00 am and they were still making music in the basement..ahem..
So 1.30 we decided enough was enough and the kids were sent to bed. Robin & Lily in Lily's bed, and Dashen & Quinn in the sleeping bags in the basement.
The next day, no one slept in of course. And I learned Raul had even gone to sleep at 3.00 am! Party time!
We hung out at Frank & Debbie's house later on. The kids had a ball with the half pipe the guys had built the previous weekend.
While the guys watched the kids, we snuck out to Anthropologie because I had to return something there. Of course, I didn't just return but the store sucked me in for a bit. I wonder how that happened.
Eventually, I successfully exchanged one coat for a jacket plus tee, and Glennis and Missy found some cool green sunglasses.
At night, the girls went to see Lily perform in Oliver. She was really quite amazing! We had to get Robin home during intermission however, because she had gotten so tired.
Afterwards, we went to Glennis and Quico's place where everyone else came too. Out of nowhere, they showed up with a birthday cake and started singing. That really did catch me by surprise! :-) So sweet!
Raul ended up staying at Glennis' house for a sleepover, and we went back to Ralph & Missy's, where the kids still went to sleep late, but slightly less.
The next day, everyone was tired, so we decided to leave a bit early and well, I drove!
Well, Ralph was in the passenger seat, but still, i drove back all the way from Jersey for the first time. Including a crazy bridge, a scary tunnel (to me at least..lol) and what not.
And I made it, with a cramp in my foot, yes, but I did get a big confidence boost out of it. Yay!
See pictures of our weekend here.
No comments:
Post a Comment