Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Leaf fest!



Yesyes, I kept my word!
Right after my last post, I went outside with the kids, some rakes, a glass of wine and my camera. We made leaf piles, and jumped and slid into them.
I bet Kel was there with us. ;-)

And well, the rest of the day was good I must say. It was busy, but I got some stuff done so that always helps.
Quinn had school again, so I took advantage of the measly 2 1/2 hours and cleaned up the house a bit. That was way overdue, and last night while the sitter was there (yes, I went out, yay for adult life!) Raul spilled fruit juice on the kitchen floor, so it was rather sticky.
That made me decide to pull out my sisters mop and bucket, instead of my swiffer. Now mind you, I'm in no way a cleaning freak and love things like swiffers. But for cleaning freaks like my sister, swiffers are a big nono, so I surprised her with a real microfiber mop.
She was so very excited and showed me how to use it. I nodded and haven't touched it since she left.
But it was there, the swiffer didn't unstick my floor, so I pulled out the mop, a bucket, and Mr Clean and went at it. And while I was going, i figured I'd do the whole house right away.
I must admit it feels nice to have lemony fresh floors. Until it is all wrecked by tomorrow of course..I better stay up late and enjoy it!



I even  gave the bathroom a good cleaning, but then it was time to pick up Quinn again. After school we met with the pastor to talk over the service. And the rest of the afternoon, while Quinn slept, I emailed with the pastor, made myself a doc appointment (meaning to do that for years..) and called about health insurance. More things checked off the list!

And, my mom and dad arrived tonight! They will be staying for 2 weeks. The kids were going completely buck wild. My parents have left for their hotel now, so I'm chilling out.

And of course, I took pictures outside in the leaves, you can see those here

1 comment:

  1. Wat een leuke foto's..... Je brengt ons op ideeen :) Morgen ga ik naar het bos met ze! Wij hebben een redelijk grote tuin, maar aan zoveel blaadjes komen wij niet.

    Raul zijn haar zit leuk!

    Marjon.

    ReplyDelete