
Today was just a beautiful typical New England fall day. Those used to be Kel & my favorites. We would hang out in the yard, do some yard work together, and when the kids got out of school, play in the leaves with them and have frequent wine of coffee breaks.
Well, today was one of those kinds of afternoons. Even though I don't have much time this week to enjoy the outside as much as I'd like, I was out in the yard earlier picking some flowers and thought of Kel.
Almost exactly 4 years ago, I believe it was Oct 11th, we had a similar afternoon. It was just a really happy one. The kids had fun, they didn't fight, the sunlight was golden, the yard was full of leaves. And Kel and I sat and had some wine and took it all in. We'd mentioned considering another kid before, but the subject came up, and right then we decided to go for it. I will always remember that particular afternoon, but today it just popped up in my head, and when I checked the pictures it turned out to be indeed this very same week.
Well, I'd better get my butt outside then, take some wine with me, and drink to the wonderful afternoons I got to spend with Kel that were like those...
No comments:
Post a Comment