
My dad surprised me this week with this espresso machine. My parents have the same one, and It's really great. You can make lattes and cappuchino's without a whole lot of preparing or cleaning up afterwards. And guess who is in extra need of coffee these days? (Why yes, that would be me of course..)
After some setting up and testing, I think I have figured it out, and I have found some descent beans for now as well.
My birthday was great by the way! It was busy, It started off at 6.30, with the kids sneaking around my bed, putting little home made gifts all around me.
When Quinn was in school, I had coffee with a friend in the morning, then spent some hours at home with a busily ringing phone, and then we headed over to a Ellen's house to meet more friends and neighbours. All the kids were there too and they had a ball!
Ellen even baked cupcakes with candles, heehee.
I was so exhausted at night I fell asleep at 9.00 with a full untouched cup of coffee next to me.
Then the next day, Ellen and Jen took me out to dinner. So sweet! We had a great time, it's nice to be out into the "adult world" once in a while. ;-)
I'm actually a bit rushed now too, Ralph & Frank are coming to pick us up this afternoon to go to Jersey for the weekend. I'd like to leave the house somewhat clean & orderly before we go, and I have to pack. I spent the whole morning doing groceries in the poring rain, so I figured I'd earned half an hr of chill out time. ;-)
Oh, and everyone, Thanks sooooo much for all the very sweet birthday wishes, phone calls, gifts etc. It was so nice and it really made me feel like it was my birthday! Love you all!
Wat een 'heerlijk' cadeau.
ReplyDeletenjammie.... koffie verkeerd gemaakt van zelfgemaalde bonen. Flink wat schuim en een lekkere koek erbij. Geniet ervan!
Marjon
Happy late birthday! Lekker kadootje.
ReplyDeleteJe staat er mooi op in de keuken :)