
Kel & me Sept 2009
Oh boy, last night, right before bed, I decided it was a good idea to start reading some old emails that I had from Kel in my inbox. Now most of them didn't say much. Because we didn't really email. We just called if he was at work, and if he wasn't at work, well, we were always together.
But when my grandfather died last year, I went to Holland for the funeral for a few days. By myself.
That was my first time being away from Kel and the kids. It was weird, but time flew by. Partially because we were so busy making funeral arrangements with Jan & Jannie, the funeral directors. Boy, how I never had thought back then I'd be sitting around the table with them again, less than a year later, discussing Kelvin's services.
So, the only somewhat longer email. was a very sweet one, that he wrote when I was in Holland, and I wanted to share it.
He sent some pictures along too, of the fantastic meal that he had made for the excited kids, and then later another email. about Quinn missing me.
Reading those got me all sad of course. Just the thing right before bed. But as if it were magic, at 12.30 p.m a friend called, just to chat, and cheered me up again. :-)
Email from Kel on 9/20/2009 title: Sweeeeeetieeeeee pieeeeee!
Hey sweetie, how are you?
Hope you're doing well today and that the funeral goes well.
I just finally put the kids in bed at 7:55pm. Went to the farm to feed
the animals real quick after dinner. The kids had a good time as usual,
running around aimlessly and pointing at the cute little goats. Quinie
got really excited around the duck pond because their are some baby
ducks. we tossed them some bread but the bigger ducks were being bossy
boilers so we did our best to get some to the duckies. Of course I
forgot the camera so I didn't get any pics, sorry I'll work on that,
but I did take some boring pics of diner. The kids really went wild on
my cooking! It was pretty tasty if I do say so myself, I'll try to
recreate the meal for you some day. We had chicken with yellow rice,
corn with pea and salad! "BILLY MAYS HERE!, THAT DINER WAS DELICIOUS!"
Anyways, I'm going to shower now. Did you know that I love you
more today than yesterday? I do. But not as much as tomorrow! ;0)
I love you Syl, I can't wait to have you in my arms again. I miss you terribly.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Send your family my condolences and wish them love and happiness. Does
that sound corny? Best to forget the love and happiness part if it is.
It's 2am in Holland right now so you should be sleeping, sweet dreams my love.
2nd email that day:
Quinie just woke up from a nightmare calling out for you. I picked him
up and he seemed scared and trembling. Held him for a while until he
calmed down. He's quiet now.
Love you
Damn, he was really the best husband anyone could wish for. Miss you lovey!
*moet daar toch een traantje bij wegpinken* Wat een lieve emails:-)
ReplyDelete