Friday, December 4, 2009

NYC


Raul, Robin & I just came back from an impromptu visit to NYC.

My mom & dad had left the valley to spend another few days in NYC before going back to Holland. The kids kept saying how they wanted to come so my parents suggested they did. Of course they wanted to! In the end, I ended up going as well, as long as i didn't mind sharing the room with my parents and the kids, since my parents had already booked their room with the 2 of them in mind.

So, off we went, in their rental car. Quinn & Kel stayed home.

We had a great time, and did all sorts of New York-y things, we chilled out in Central park, listened to street musicians, walked our asses off, ate pretzels, Went to FAO and the Disney store, check out Bergdorff Goodmann's Christmas store windows, went to the American Museum of Natural history, we made an attempt to see the Rockefeller tree lighting.


Well, at least now Raul can't say I never tried taking him there, we really tried, but we got caught up in a stream of one way crowd traffic, so we never got anywhere near it. Instead, we spent hours waiting in the rain, but at least, now we know. :-) Raul had a good spirit about it, and so did I so it really was alright.
However, this was my first and last try. Next time I'll watch it on tv!

We left again on Friday, and took the train back to Springfield. The kids both got some souvenirs, Raul a "real gold flake" statue of liberty snow globe, Robin a Snow white statue (not very new yorkish, but alas), and we brought a taxi cab for Quinnie.



Kelvin and Quinn picked us up at the train station in Springfield, and upon homecoming, Kel had put up all the christmas lights, AND did all of the laundry at the laundromat! (our new washer will be arriving Tuesday). What a homecoming!

I took plenty of pictures, of course, which you can find here, or by clicking on the pictures. I threw in the pics from Thanksgiving and between as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment