
Well well, the past few weeks have been hectic.
3 weeks ago, the car broke. We got it fixed, the next day after we picked it up, it broke again.We got it back again on a Friday, and it was good as new. Hooray! The next day, right after Kelvin left for work, i discovered a small flood in the basement. Long story short, the boiler was broken and leaking and needed to be replaced. It took a while before this could be done, so we were hot water-less until the Wednesday before thanksgiving. Thankfully, meanwhile, my parents had arrived here, so we could shower in their hotel as well. I have become a champ though at making baths or washing dishes with pots of boiling water!
The day before thanksgiving, the new boiler was installed. Hooray! the dishwasher was the first thing turned on, and how good it is, to be able to step in your own shower, and have hot water come out!
So, the Thanksgiving dinner was eaten on real plates versus paper! (no way I'm hand washing after Thanksgiving dinner!)
So, down I went to the basement today, to do some laundry. Oh, you guessed it...The washing machine is broken! It would wash but not pump out the water, so I just returned from the good ol' fashioned Laundromat (reminiscing over those NYC days..) to wash everything until the washer is either fixed, or we have a new one next week..
But Murphy's law? not really, we are all healthy and happy, and a broken car, boiler or washing machine is not changing that. Plus, We're having a lot of fun with my mom and dad.
At least I won't have to feel guilty now for not washing for a couple of days! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment