
Our Christmas was delightfully uneventful, just the way we like it!
The kids were up very early, after a restless sleep for everyone.The kids over excited, us, excited that they might wake up and catch us in the act..
Eventually we got the tree area and stockings filled, without nosey children waking up. Every time you mange to do that, and turn the light off, to go to sleep, it's like you just reached this big achievement! Santa is safe for another year! hooray!
And Santa had been very good to everyone. Even Kel and I got gifts! Kel got woodworking books, L'occitane shaving stuff, and some vintage tools (nice for display and use in his "cave"). I got a great knitted Anthropologie dress in my favorite (one of my fave) petrol blue. It's so very soft and nice! And beautiful classic books, great books, with drool worthy bounds, plus a new teapot, since my old one broke and I try to be more of a cozy tea kind of mom.
We chilled out, had a late and big breakfast, then we took a walk around the MT Holyoke campus, were we practically ice skated in many parts. The kids had a blast!
When we were cold enough, we returned home for hot cocoa and more chilling out.
We had oven roasted chicken, with roasted Brussels sprouts, salad rice & beans for dinner (which was delicious) and now the kids are in bed, Kel and I are hanging around like zombies. So, we're going to "sack" out in bed and watch tv.
We had a great Christmas, hope you did too! :-)
The kids were up very early, after a restless sleep for everyone.The kids over excited, us, excited that they might wake up and catch us in the act..
Eventually we got the tree area and stockings filled, without nosey children waking up. Every time you mange to do that, and turn the light off, to go to sleep, it's like you just reached this big achievement! Santa is safe for another year! hooray!
And Santa had been very good to everyone. Even Kel and I got gifts! Kel got woodworking books, L'occitane shaving stuff, and some vintage tools (nice for display and use in his "cave"). I got a great knitted Anthropologie dress in my favorite (one of my fave) petrol blue. It's so very soft and nice! And beautiful classic books, great books, with drool worthy bounds, plus a new teapot, since my old one broke and I try to be more of a cozy tea kind of mom.
We chilled out, had a late and big breakfast, then we took a walk around the MT Holyoke campus, were we practically ice skated in many parts. The kids had a blast!
When we were cold enough, we returned home for hot cocoa and more chilling out.
We had oven roasted chicken, with roasted Brussels sprouts, salad rice & beans for dinner (which was delicious) and now the kids are in bed, Kel and I are hanging around like zombies. So, we're going to "sack" out in bed and watch tv.
We had a great Christmas, hope you did too! :-)
I have plenty of pictures, but those will come at a later time..
No comments:
Post a Comment