
Last year, i decided to write a letter to "Tante Luzie" and her daughter Monika. Tante Luzie was my grandmother, Oma Eva's, cousin. Oma passed away when I was about 12, and I still wish I could still talk to her, as she was my favorite grandparent. So i figured I'd try and write them, to see if perhaps they might tell me something about her I did not know yet. I received an email from Monika right before Christmas, saying she was very excited to receive my letter, and that she and her mother would get together what they knew.
So a patiently waited for the letter.
This morning I woke up, and then snoozed off again. Out of nowhere, i dreamed about Oma Eva, she gave me a long nice hug, and it felt very real.
Then, to my surprise, there was a big envelope from Germany in the mail today! What are the odds!
I just finished reading the letters, it was very nice, i learned a couple things I didn't know yet, and it made me think about her a lot. Monika also included a bunch of pictures, Some of the Oma i remember, in the 80's and 90's, and a few older ones, from the 40's and 50's, that I hadn't seen before yet. I will do some more scanning later and add an album. For now, enjoy this fabulous picture perfect Family picture she also included. This is Oma Eva, Opa Piet, my aunt Elsa, and my mom (with the striped dress).
No comments:
Post a Comment