
Boy was I crabby today! The idea was to paint eggs today, i do it every year, i do some fancy kind of marble paint job, but today I just didn't feel like it. I figured Tomorrow for lunch, we can boil eggs and the kids can draw on them.
Why was I crabby? no reason. just was. Plus the kids were extra noisy and annoying today it seemed, but I'm sure my crabby ness had to do with it.
It rained most of the day, but in the late afternoon, we went to Mc Cray's just to get out, fed the animals some old apples and lettuce, and the kids enjoyed themselves, petting the animals and climbing on the tractor. Afterwards i figured, I did not feel like cooking, so we would go to The Mc Donald's drive through. A first for me, I had been through the drive through atm, drive through bank teller..not Mickey d's though.

It went fine , except I got a bit nervous at the sharp turn and drove slightly over the curb. ;-)
So off we went, back home, to eat this fabulous pre easter meal ;-)
It sure was a good way to have the kids quiet for a bit though.

After dinner it was already late enough for shower and bed. Of course, this always takes longer than necessary. Partly because Raul likes to pull the old trick these days of pretending he washed himself and brushed his teeth. Instead, he'll just stand in the shower and do nothing..Argh. I found out he lied about washing himself, so I just sent him back in. It is so funny, because i remember vividly as a kid rubbing soap around in the sink, to make the sink water look soapy for my mom, and of course, rub some on the washcloth, splash around a bit, all that without ever washing myself. Just to make it look as if I did. (really, what's the point?) Raul is not slick enough yet to at least make it seem like he did. Plus he's a bad lier.
Once everyone was finally in bed, i pulled out my backup plastic eggs. I had nothing fancy to fill them with, so I filled them with pennies,big Y coins (for Q, he won't care!), a few candies and what not. Then, i snuck out with a pounding heart to the backyard. Knowing Robin wasn't sleeping yet and might hear me, and hid the eggs. Successful once again! hooray!
Now the next challenge will be waking up early tomorrow, so that we can still go egg hunting in the yard before Kel goes to work, plus have a bit of a breakfast together..
Happy Easter everyone!
Happy Easter beautiful. ;o)
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!:-)
ReplyDeleteAch, hebben we niet allemaal af en toe van die dagen waarop je zonder aanwijsbare reden effe niet lekker gaat. Komt allemaal weer goed;-)