Today was a beautiful day!
After having a rather cold and blustery day yesterday, and a lot of rain in the forecast for the coming week, Today was bright and sunny. Though still blustery but nice enough to not be cold. And with our new found freedom called Mom's drivers license & new car, we went out twice today.
After Kelvin left for work, i had enough time to quickly hang some laundry on the line, and at around 10.00 am, we went to take a walk around the lake on the campus.We took our time, stayed long at several "points of interest", such as the boat dock, where Raul & Robin fished with sticks,(and even found a real dead fish)
The bridge, where they played stick race, the horses, where Raul managed his way through the electric fence to pet them, and the gardens behind the greenhouse, where they picked bunches of dandelions to decorate their room. Poor Quintin sat and watched most of the time, being my first outing alone with 3 kids, and being around loads of water, I wasn't going to chance having more kids running loose than I had hands. But in the gardens, Quinn was finally able to run free and have the wind blow through his hair. ;-) (see pics).
We went home for lunch and after Quinn took a nap. In the meanwhile, we enjoyed the day some more outside, the kids playing, me hanging up more laundry and transplanting some of the seedlings to outside. (hope they'll survive).
Oh, last week the pansies (viooltjes) were out again by the way! I've been waiting for them to be out so I could fill some planters. It looks so nice to have flowers when barely anything else blooms yet! I love pansies!
So later in the afternoon, when Quinn woke up, we headed to Dufresne park, we met Shona, Bram and Isla there as well. They couldn't stay too long, but we stayed until it was actually dinner time. It was just too much fun, once we started playing around the bleachers and the baseball field. :-)
Of course, after coming home there had to be some sort of fiasco with one of the kids, because tired & hungry = trouble. This time it was Robin, she threw a half our fit because I was too busy to style her "Ariel hair" after bath. (i was cooking). And then of course, I had the nerve to suggest she should clean up her room instead.
Here is some things she called out in her fury: " Mommy, cleanup is not a choice, It's a position!" and "Mommy, I'm not going to clean up for you! So you will just have to deal with that." (my answer, if you don't clean, you will not have dinner, so you will have to deal with that").
Ahh the funny things she says. I wonder where she comes up with all these complicated sentences. It sure is funny as heck though.
I made an album on picasa of this glorious day, see it here or click on the picture. Somewhere in the pictures is also i picture of the new car, by now it has mud splatter on it of course, but that just gives it some attitude, not? At least i remembered!
After having a rather cold and blustery day yesterday, and a lot of rain in the forecast for the coming week, Today was bright and sunny. Though still blustery but nice enough to not be cold. And with our new found freedom called Mom's drivers license & new car, we went out twice today.
After Kelvin left for work, i had enough time to quickly hang some laundry on the line, and at around 10.00 am, we went to take a walk around the lake on the campus.We took our time, stayed long at several "points of interest", such as the boat dock, where Raul & Robin fished with sticks,(and even found a real dead fish)
The bridge, where they played stick race, the horses, where Raul managed his way through the electric fence to pet them, and the gardens behind the greenhouse, where they picked bunches of dandelions to decorate their room. Poor Quintin sat and watched most of the time, being my first outing alone with 3 kids, and being around loads of water, I wasn't going to chance having more kids running loose than I had hands. But in the gardens, Quinn was finally able to run free and have the wind blow through his hair. ;-) (see pics).
We went home for lunch and after Quinn took a nap. In the meanwhile, we enjoyed the day some more outside, the kids playing, me hanging up more laundry and transplanting some of the seedlings to outside. (hope they'll survive).
Oh, last week the pansies (viooltjes) were out again by the way! I've been waiting for them to be out so I could fill some planters. It looks so nice to have flowers when barely anything else blooms yet! I love pansies!
So later in the afternoon, when Quinn woke up, we headed to Dufresne park, we met Shona, Bram and Isla there as well. They couldn't stay too long, but we stayed until it was actually dinner time. It was just too much fun, once we started playing around the bleachers and the baseball field. :-)
Of course, after coming home there had to be some sort of fiasco with one of the kids, because tired & hungry = trouble. This time it was Robin, she threw a half our fit because I was too busy to style her "Ariel hair" after bath. (i was cooking). And then of course, I had the nerve to suggest she should clean up her room instead.
Here is some things she called out in her fury: " Mommy, cleanup is not a choice, It's a position!" and "Mommy, I'm not going to clean up for you! So you will just have to deal with that." (my answer, if you don't clean, you will not have dinner, so you will have to deal with that").
Ahh the funny things she says. I wonder where she comes up with all these complicated sentences. It sure is funny as heck though.
I made an album on picasa of this glorious day, see it here or click on the picture. Somewhere in the pictures is also i picture of the new car, by now it has mud splatter on it of course, but that just gives it some attitude, not? At least i remembered!
No comments:
Post a Comment