Sunday, September 19, 2010

Raul is 8!


Raul turned 8 last Thursday!
It was strange again of course, the second birthday in a little than a month since Kel's death. We really hit the jackpot, Quinn's birthday, Raul's, then mine, and Kel's and then the whole holiday season. Well, let's just say, if we can make it o.k through that we should be good to go right?

Anyway, so Abi and I got busy as soon as the kids got in bed. I had a few small gifts, but the big stuff I'd had to order online the Friday after we arrived, and it wasn't there yet. I'd warned Raul about that possibility beforehand, so he didn't mind. We decorated, and put all the presents on the kitchen table. I'd wrapped up a necklace too that belonged to Kelvin, and that Raul really liked.



The next morning, the kids were up at 6.00 (and I went to bed at 1.00 am..oops..) which was very exciting..Raul came into my room, "look mommy, what present I found on my desk!" He showed me the necklace. I assumed Abi had put it on his desk, but she hadn't. Neither had I..hmm..very mysterious..



I made pancakes for breakfast and everyone was off to school. While they were there, I made sure to get him his favorite a pumpkin pie, to have after school.



The rest of the day was really not too eventful,but it was fun. :-)
We had the pie after school, and then had to get ready for the open house at Raul's school.
After the open house, we took the kids to Mc Donalds for dinner.

It was great, the kids played in the supersmelly kid play area, while we found a seat on the other side. Right next to this huge dude with greasy hair, that kept looking at us, and re filled his soda 3 times in 10 minutes. Oh, and he smelled like bum too. Lucky us.
My appetite had disappeared a bit, we we stuck around for the kids. :-p



The Real party was on Saturday though. All The Avalo's came over,and it was so nice to see everyone! As usual, the kids had a blast, but so did we.The thing that made it extra special was that I'd asked some friends to come as well, so we had a great group of people there, and plenty of drinks to go around. ;-)



Raul, and the other kids too, got so spoiled, and he seemed to be having the time of his life.The Avalo kid gang kept going around the block, with everything in the garage they could find with wheels, and everyone was happy and laughing. Kel would have loved it, and it seemed like he was there too.:-)

Click here to see the rest of the pics.

4 comments:

  1. Hieperdepiep!!!!! Hoeraaaaaa!

    8 jaar. Onze oudste wordt in januari 8 jaar. Dat klinkt gelijk al zoveel ouder....

    Wat een verjaardagen inderdaad zo achter elkaar, wel goed van je dat je het zo gezellig viert hoor!
    (misschien ook wel een goede afleiding)

    Marjon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proficiat aan Raul nog! Hij heeft een geweldige dag gehad. Mooi die big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nog van harte gefeliciteerd, Raul heeft er gelukkig duidelijk van genoten:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoe gaat het ermee?
    Zeker wel fijn dat je zus er is om je gezelschap te houden.
    Ik woon nu alweer 17 jaar in Amerika maar zou niet het verlangen hebben om in Amerika te blijven als er iets met m'n man zou gebeuren.
    Wat zijn je plannen voor de toekomst? Moet je nu werk gaan zoeken?
    Sterkte voor de toekomst!!
    Groetjes,
    Elena Griesen.

    ReplyDelete