Sorry, I have been bad about posting on my blog.
Things are so busy and hectic, I don't have that much energy at night. I'm finding myself posting a lot of little things on face book that I actually wanted to share here too.
So things have been going pretty well. I'm still getting the hang of doing everything by myself all the time, but I can see that takes time. I get a lot of help from great people, so that definitely helps.
But mornings and afternoons after school are a bit crazy. I do realize that in many families, not both parents are present at those times. I've just been spoiled with Kel being home so much.
But 3 rowdy crazy kids are so much easier to handle with 2 instead of one. Really.. :-p
I'm taking care of business though, and I'm proud of it. I'm dealing with financial stuff, caught up with bills, arranged for social security benefits and life insurance. And Thanks to those last 2, I will not have to worry about finding a job right away, and I can take my time to figure out what it is I'd like to do when Quinn goes to school full time. And I feel so very grateful for that, because well, I realize that things could have been a whole lot different.
So I guess I have not yet fallen into that hole a lot of people have warned me for. And I wasn't planning on doing that either. I'm not the ind of person that falls into holes. I take the bad news and then try to make the best of it. There.
That is not saying I don't grieve or that I'm happy/giddy all day.
Of course I'm not, I do have spontaneous outbursts of sadness that sneak up on me. But It seems so far things have been balanced out well.
I can feel that Kelvin is here, and that gives me piece of mind.
And at the risk of sounding like a nutcase, strange things have been happening, and I believe Quintin can see him.
He told me this the other day: "mommy, I saw daddy on the ceiling, he was looking at me, and then he looked at the pictures on the wall and he sneakily went outside".
And while in the car, he told me that daddy was sitting in the backseat. (and then accused him of farting, but that on a side note.)
And I'm getting ready for another big day without Kel, I really fell right into it didn't I? Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 31.
Wow, a year ago I never thought my 30th year would bring all this would I? It's quite the thing.
Since Abi left, I was worried I'd be alone, because we never really do anything fancy. (and no, I did not mind that, my best birthdays were the ones I spent apple picking with Kel & the kids).
However, my sweet friends here have set up a little get together, so that should be fun! :-)

Hmm, what else?
Oh, this weekend was another Avalo one! Richie and his wife Bianca came to visit. I hadn't met Bianca yet, so it was really nice to finally do so. (and she's awesome!)
We went pumpkin picking at Mc Crays. I figured then that would be another thing that we always did with Kel and that would be better now to do with family. The kids had a blast, and I think Richie and Bianca did too ;-) (and so did I of course..)
pictures are here .
Oh, and apparently, Kel joined us too, because afterwards Quinn said: "daddy came pumpkin picking with us today! Me: really? Q: yeah! He was sitting on my lap in the tractor! Me: wow, that big daddy sat on your lap? That's funny! Q: mommy, angels are tiny you know..."
So, that was that for now. All is updated, and I will try harder to write..
Ik weet niet of je op de hoogte bent van bepaalde belasting wetten in Amerika nu je Amerikaanse man is overleden en jij geen dual citizenship had. Dit is een interesante link.
ReplyDeleteEstate planning and the non-citizen spouse
Het belastingvrije bedrag in het geval van overlijden van de echtgenoot(e) bij US citizens veel hoger dan tussen een US citizen en non-US citizen. Met andere woorden, je zult belasting moeten betalen over het gezamelijk bezit als een van de twee partners overlijdt. Je kunt daar een beetje omheen werken met een trust, maar dat vereist weer advokaten en veel geld. Dat laatste was voor mijn vrouw reden ook US citizen te worden.
Met vriendelijke groet.
Mark.
Hoi Mark,
ReplyDeletebedankt voor de tip. Ik heb het even nagelezen, maar het is op ons niet van toepassing. Er was namelijk geen estate ;-)
Ik wilde wel dual citizen worden, maar het was er nog niet van gekomen. Ben daar achteraf blij om, want in dat geval had ik nu moeten kiezen en had ik niet beide nationaliteiten mogen behouden. Dat had me erg moeilijk geleken.
Groetjes, Sylke
Dual citizenship blijft het zelfde als de Amerikaanse spouse komt te overlijden. Je blijft altijd de mogelijkheid houden om in beide landen te wonen. Met een green card mag je niet langer dan 6 maanden het land uit anders verlies je de greencard.
ReplyDeleteMet vriendelijke groet,
Mark.
Sweet zoals de kinderen Kel voelen! "Angels are tiny"... priceless :)
ReplyDelete