Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day at the ballpark

Busy Saturdays have arrived! This morning we were supposed to be at the Beachgrounds park at 8.00 am (yikes!) for Raul's first baseball game of the season. Luckily, the coach decided we could show up half an hr later, which really made all the difference. There wasn't just a game, it was a "Baseball Jamboree" ! We had no idea, so it was quite the surprise.
Kel was able to stick around for a little, but he had to leave for work at 9.00.
They made a big deal out of it, and all the teams were there. There was a hot dog stand, and at the game, each players name was announced just like with the real deal. They even played very ball park-y 60's music between the innings! It was so cute! There was a professional photographer too, not sure if it was for a newspaper, possibly the town reminder, so I'll keep an eye on that.

After the game, the whole team took a team picture, and they all participated in a fast pitch, base running, and ball hitting contest.
It was a lot of fun, and I thought it was nice they set up such an event for the start of the baseball season.
Unfortunately, we couldn't stick around too long, because Robin had tee ball practice at noon at a different field.


We went home, squeezed in some lunch, and then packed up again to go to Robin's practice.
Robin will start to have games halfway May, and she should also get a uniform then. Can't wait! :-).
The rest of the day we just hung around the house, The kids outside, me doing whatever housewifey stuff that I do. I'm so friggin tired now, I wasn't going to post anything but I know if I don't post at least a few pictures now, I never will.
So, I'm off to bed now to hang out!







No comments:

Post a Comment