
As of September 29th 2009, I will be no longer in my 20's. Yes, I'm turning 30 today.
Many people might feel horrified entering a new decade, but I'm quite excited actually.
I like the way 30 sounds, it sounds more grown up. (and hey, I'm still not done growing up anyway).
It's amazing though how much i have accomplished in these past 10 years that i had no clue of could happen when I entered my 20's. Looking at my diary entry from September 27th 1999, it seems like I was quite preoccupied living my "wild" phase, declaring one day I was "in love" with this guy, and the next day another. Mind you, reading this all makes me quite red in the face and wanting to slap myself for being so naive..
And here I am now, living on the other side of the world, (very happily) married (geez what did i know back then?), and having 3 wonderful kids!
I'm in quite a happy place right now, and I'm curious to see what the coming years will bring me.
Let's see, when i turn 40, Raul will be 17 (yikes!), Robin will be 15 (double yikes!) and Quinn will be 12. I cannot even imagine these kids as teens, and being nearly the age that I was when i wrote all those diaries. I will most likely want to slap them sometimes instead then for being Naive and whatnot. They will make a lot of the same mistakes I made, and hopefully learn from them and not make too many big mistakes.
And, hopefully by then, I will have figured out what else it it I would like to be "when I grow up" besides a wife and mother. (though I'm happy to be those things).
I guess it's good I will be only 30, and we'll take it one year at a time..
Oh, and this lovely fabulously cheesy birthday card I scanned from my great grandmother Mathilde's card collection. She actually received this very card for her birthday sometime in the 1930's. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment