This Thanksgiving was the most wonderful holiday I have had since Kel's been gone.
Holidays have been a necessary evil.
I do it for the kids.
Even though I very well realize I still have a lot, holidays are too much of a reminder of what I don't have anymore.
I know we're technically still a family, but to me, a family with just one adult in it isn't the same.
Sitting around by yourself with a glass of wine, while dinner cooks and the kids play just isn't quite the same.
You can't talk about grown up stuff to a memory or a picture.
And, it may sound bitter, but visiting family isn't really helpful either. Of course I'm glad to be around people I care for, but watching other families be happy and together, dad's playing with their kids, is just hard to watch when you're the only one who is there without a significant other.
And, it may sound bitter, but visiting family isn't really helpful either. Of course I'm glad to be around people I care for, but watching other families be happy and together, dad's playing with their kids, is just hard to watch when you're the only one who is there without a significant other.
Well, this Thanksgiving a got a glimpse back on what I really hope to have again someday every holiday. It was really everything I could hope for and more.
We chatted and drank wine in the kitchen, the kids did their thing. He even made every effort to get to know them. It almost made me cry with happiness.
We all had dinner together, we laughed, the kids behaved, They were all over him and they got to stay up late, and all was good.
That's what holidays are supposed to be like.
I'm so very grateful to have him in my life. That he is brave enough to step up and do this for me.
No matter how things turn out, he has touched my life in a special way already.
And I'm not even sure that he realizes how much.
Hopefully they will turn out fine though..
Hopefully they will turn out fine though..
Oh, and it might be worth mentioning, that I got a knock on my door just now to find a pack of little girls singing Christmas carols on my front step. :)

You do have a beautiful family! I'm glad that you had such a good Thanksgiving!!
ReplyDelete