The weekends this July have been tough, being alone with the kids home all day and weather so hot that I often can't even send them outside with good conscience. When they do go outside, it's for short periods of time, so they end up inside bugging each other and me. (not that they don't fight outside..)
But, throughout all these moments of chaos, they really do behave pretty good.
I did make sure to catch them on camera in their best behaviours, because it's never a bad thing to be reminded.
Robin loves to help me wash dishes these days, most goes in the machine, but she will beg me if she can please wash the pots (we'll remember this in a couple of years..), so who am I to deny her this pleasure? And she actually does a good job too!
And since in the vacation, video games come a bit too easy sometimes (non vacation it's weekends only), we decided the kids will have to earn their time first by reading. First I got all sorts of protest, but they caught on well, and Raul has even started to read Quinn a bunch of books. He did a great job too, making voices and all. In the picture, they were reading "The very hungry caterpillar".
Oh, and the picture at the top, That's Robin chilling out in the crab apple tree while at Mt Holyoke campus last Saturday. We decided to get out early and walk while it was still bearable.
No comments:
Post a Comment