Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's the little things..

Oh, it was just an ordinary near 100 degree hot day, so we didn't do anything special.
Since it was so hot, and the freezer near empty, I decided to take the kids to big Y to pick up some ice pops and skip cooking and get pizza for dinner.Because really, who wants to spend a hot day hovering over a hot stove?
So there I am, my disheveled self, on Saturday afternoon, with 3 kids in the supermarket. Hoping we'll make it through this trip without anyone fighting on beating up the other in public.
This elderly man walked by with his teenage grandson. He looked back at me, so I smiled.
Then as I walked past, he said:

"You look like you belong in Vogue magazine!" while taking a good look at my face, as if I were someone famous but he couldn't quite figure out whom.
me: "Me? Thank you, I don't quite feel like it though!"
him: "You know, it's your face.... All you need is a nice gown!

Perplexed by this sudden sweet compliment, I blushingly thanked him, and went on my way.

Mind you, I wasn't even wearing a skirt or dress or cleavage. Just some seersucker pants and a black tee. Perhaps he says this to every stressed out mom he sees, but still. I did make my day a little bit! :-D

Oh, and by the way, while talking to my mom on the phone, she told me she was going to buy a rotating clothes line next week to put at her little house where we stay in Holland.
She said she knew I loved drying my clothes outside, and since she doesn't have a line, she figured she'd put that one up, and then take it down after we're gone. Just for me! so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment