Well well, we have had some morning.
We woke up a bit late, so we started off rushed, everyone shower and eat. We had to drop Kelvin off at the car rental place at 9.00, and afterwards I had planned some errands. Supermarket and post office. So, everyone got rushed in the car, Kelvin got there a bit late, and after, we took off.
Apparently, Quinn seems ultra sensitive and tired today. (missed nap & busy day yesterday)
Before we even got to the supermarket, R&R were fighting over who got to hold/read the shopping list (me), who got to pick the cereal etc.
At pricerite, we started off with Quinn in the cart, and R&R walking. All went o.k (for as far as things go smoothly in supermarkets with kids..( "mom, we need this! and that!, "No, we don't!")
When they got too rowdy, I added Robin to the cart. Then Quinn got violent and started trying to kick/beat Robin any chance he got. Robin in her turn, started to smother Quintin by acting like his mom and trying to tell him what to do/not do.
Quinn was grabbing anything from any shelf he got close to. Eventually, he seemed content holding a bread and hugging it. When I turned my back to look for pasta, Robin had decided Quinn could not hold the bread and took it from him. With as a result, awful shrieking of Quinn. Then he decided to just grab whatever from the cart, and reached for the box of eggs.
You guessed it... The box flung open and the eggs scattered throughout the cart, leaking through the cart onto the floor.
Yay!
Luckily, a store associate came to help out quickly. (i felt so grateful at that moment for that) to help mop up the mess.
Meanwhile, Quintin was still behaving violently and swatting around.
When we finally got in line, Quinn decided to kick Robin's chest and pull her scarf so which Robin shouted out: "Mommy, Quintin pulled my scarf and nearly broke my neck off!".
So we survived pricerite. I was contemplating whether to chance the post office. (Ebay stuff to ship). Of course, i could try to leave the kids in the car (it was raining) but then, my neighbour tried that once and found the cops at her doorstep later that day. So, I took them, and they behaved nicely, and helped me carry the packages while I carried Quinn. After sending my packages off, i was looking at some shipping supplies.
Then, Raul notices something green laying on a box.
"mom, i found a dollar!"
I glance over and see a $20 bill and think to myself.. "oh snap!", not knowing what to do, with my conscience creeping up on me, i decide to pretend i didn't see it, and quickly say to Raul. "oh take it". Then pretend to be very into the shipping boxes, hoping Raul will just stick it in his pocket.
"Mommy, look, I FOUND TWENTY DOLLARS"
I sort of ignore Raul and give him a "hmmmm?" Then proceed to get my boxes and start to leave.
In the car I was wondering why i was behaving so strangely, it's always hard when you find money. I felt bad because if i lost $20 I'd like it back, what sort of lesson is this teaching my kids..blabla. But hey, $20, that'll pay for the cereal, milk and eggs i just bought..
So i decided to keep it (not sure if Raul will keep all, probably a cut) and explain to Raul that we actually did not do the right thing.
Hopefully, karma will spare us..
Oh, and with all this, I almost forgot that today is Quinnies actual birthday!
Happy birthday little Quinn!
I will post pictures/movies of yesterday later on.
No comments:
Post a Comment