Saturday, April 16, 2011

busy!

I feel like a chicken without a head..
So many things that need taking care of, and when i remember something, I forget something else in exchange.
Been trying to remember to get everything ready for Robin's birthday. Party anyone? Oh yeah, got that taken care of, except I forgot to invite kids..
Spring is finally here which has been great for my overall mood.
Except it brings a bunch of to do's with it.
Somethings gonna have to happen to that grass, or more likely, the lack of grass. What about the potential earwig infestation for the summer? No Kel to call to come and chase them away.. Oh no! a mouse has invaded my kitchen! Robin has a birthday party! Thinking about after school arrangements next year, what to do this summer? I want to go to school this fall, so I'll have to work on that. Finances need to get in order..Ahhhh!
I'm proud of myself for getting a lot done this week. Robin's presents are wrapped, some kids are invited to the party, some activity has been planned.
Taxes are done, serious financial planning has been happening, I hired a landscaper, terminix came by to take care of the mouse and future earwigs and anything else that might freak me out.
I organized my bills this morning, visited an after school care this week, made tons of phone calls.
And I must say, a lot of this progress is thanks to my special "friend" who helps me with so much. It's truly amazing.

Then there was the mattress..For the past 2 years, I've been thinking it smells. In the spring and summer only, and when it's humid. Kel never noticed it, but my super scent mechanism after Quinn was born has. It drives me nuts. I like my bed fresh and clean. Not smelly!
So, i made the decision to buy a new mattress..only, I have a king sz bed. An queen would make much more sense since I sleep alone and my bedroom is tiny. And honestly, it is a bit confronting to sleep alone in this huge bed. Except, we just purchased a bed frame last year, so that means that one would have to go, with a new one in it's place.
And buying another king sz mattress just wouldn't make sense. So, I went for it. I'll be putting my king size Ikea hemnes bed on craigslist (anyone) and ordered a new bed. Now I'm just hoping to synchronize the arrival of new bed, new mattress (plus haul away of the old) as much as possible so I don't end up sleeping on the floor for a week. We shall see I guess..

Next then is figuring out my summer plans. Going to Holland probably seems like a no brainer to most, but to me it's a bit scary. I felt nice and safe over here, away from potential bad memories. I'm sure I'll be fine, but the thought of spending 3 weeks in Holland is quite intimidating, so I will probably go, but for less. Little steps I guess. And the school thing needs to be figured out. I'm so happy though that i finally know what I want to do. That I have a plan. It feels really good to know that. I've been searching for my plan for years, and I'ts good to have found something i think I can stick with.

The kids are doing OK as well. Just came back from taking them out for lunch and a movie, and they spend most their days outside now the weather is better.

It's been 8 months, but slowly the pieces are getting back together a bit. Though nothing is easy for certain, but we're doing it anyway. :)



1 comment:

  1. Wat goed hoe je toch alles oppakt en in goede banen leidt. Ja, zo'n kingsize bed in je eentje lijkt me ook niks.

    ReplyDelete