Well, my day started off fairly crappy. The kids were up at 5.30, so the little bits of sleep I got after that, weren't anything to write home about.
I didn't manage to get fully dressed and showered before everyone's bus time, and, Quinn had no school today, so after Robin was off to school, I stayed in my sweats unshowered a tad longer than necessary. Hanging out on the computer, checking out the Anthropologie website and chatting with Rosie, while Quinn was glued to the tv.
By late morning, Quinn had started asking me to go for a walk. I kept saying "yes", but honestly, I really wanted to stay home and get a few things done. The poor kid.
I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, and kept looking at Kel's picture, wondering why I just couldn't hug him anymore. Then when I was trying to be alone with my self pity and Kelvin's picture, Quinn kept coming into the room chattering.
So I got myself in the shower, got dressed, felt annoyed upon looking in the mirror because of my breakouts (that darn Halloween chocolate!) and went outside with Quinn to take a walk around the block.
It did help, got me going a bit more, the breeze blew some of the blues out of my head.
I didn't do anything too substantial right after, but at least I got out the vacuum cleaner.
After lunch, Quinn took a nap, and I decided to kick myself in the butt and get my act together.
I cleaned out my desk, got out my bill paying and financial Kelvin related issues binder and the phone.
First I attempted to move forward on my mass health application, with not much success. I ran into another voicemail. where I left a message and never got called back.
I did some more research and figured out the Social security finally came through. Whew! a steady income! Weight off my shoulders!
Then i decided to pay some bills. Upon calling some it turned out that some were already paid since now all the financial stuff is rolling again, the automatic bill pay with some was too. Yay! another weight!
Then I called the credit card folks. I had already the week after Kelvin died, to cancel all, but I had never heard from them again and found that strange. I'd thought at least they'd want a death certificate and then I would find out what to do with the balances.
It was bugging me, because I didn't suddenly want to get surprised by creditors.
After some more phone calls, I made the joyous discovery that legally they can't make me pay. The lady asked me if I wanted to so the deceased person's name stays in good standing.
Hmm, really, I don't think Kelvin at this point cares about that does he? So I answered, Well, I'd rather not pay, after all, I am a widow with 3 kids and no job..
"Oh yes, yes, answered the lady, you will just need to blablabla.."
So there, there was another HUGE weight off my shoulders!
We're making progress here baby!
So yeah, by the end of the day, I felt a lot more empowered than I did the first half.
I talked to Kel's picture a bit tonight. He was there smiling at me as usual, and I told him, "No worries babe, we're doing o.k".

Fijn dat je weer wat verder bent opgeschoten met al die regeldingen!
ReplyDeleteLeuke site trouwens...... Die kerst 'wantjesslinger' zie ik hier al hangen aan de kast.
Marjon.
Wat goed dat je toch weer zo'n stuk bent opgeschoten:-)
ReplyDeleteFrusterend allemaal! Maar je bent in ieder geval weer iets opgeschoten! En gelijk heb je met die credit card! Scheelt toch weer!
ReplyDeleteZit je er doorheen? Heeft de realiteit toegeslagen?
ReplyDeleteLinda.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHoi Linda, nee juist niet, daar ging het stukje juist om. Gaat juist erg goed. En de realiteit was me al wel duidelijk hoor. ;)
ReplyDeleteMaarja, ups en downs blijf je altijd houden heh?
Syl, gaat het een beetje met je? Dit lijken me moeilijke dagen voor je :(
ReplyDeleteMarjon.
Hey Marjon,
ReplyDeleteLief dat je het vraagt! Kom net terug van familiebezoek in New Jersey, Thanksgiving dus daar gehad. En nu weekendje voor mezelf, heerlijk! (de kids zijn nog daar). Gaat verder goed hoor, maar ik val wel met m'n neus in de boter zo heh? Nouja, kerst nog even en dan is het feestgedoe even achter de rug. Als dat allemaal goed gaat tot januari, dan lukt de rest ook wel toch? ;)
Blog je nog een keer of is het te zwaar voor je?
ReplyDeleteLisa.
Hoi Lisa, net wat geschreven. niet zwaar, wel druk :)
ReplyDeleteOf Lisa, kan ik beter Linda zeggen? ;)
ReplyDeleteVind het erg fijn dat je zo meeleeft hoor..Valt het een beetje tegen dat het wel goed met me gaat? Je lijkt vrij teleurgesteld.