Saturday, March 27, 2010

A busy week working on Robin's room..part 1



I have had this adorable wallpaper since last summer, and meant to put it up and change Robins room a long time ago.

You see, her room used to be her room, then Quinn came along and it became his, and we painted it and put the retro wallpaper tree in. Then when Quinn's babyhood had passed, Robin got her room back, and Quinn moved in with Raul.

So, it was time to give her her own girl room, instead of Quintin's old one.

One thing, the tree had to stay (it's cute and was a lot of work) and the wall behind it had to remain light blue (because very hard to paint around a tree).

I'd always wanted wallpaper with Robins on it, after seeing it in a fashion photo once, and when I finally came across this wallpaper by Dutch brand "Pip Studio", there was no doubt.



Luckily, Robin loved it too, so I bought some in Holland last summer, intending to put it up soon, but of course, it took longer than I wanted.

But, the moment is here, with Robin's impending birthday, we thought it was time. We started this week. The perfect week, because all the gorgeous weather is gone, and it's been chilly!

Kel started off painting the green wall a very light pink, it reminds me of strawberry ice cream or cheesecake. Of course, Robin has always wanted pink walls, so she was ecstatic. The idea was one wall pink, the other 3 blue, but we loved the pink so much that we threw in an extra pink wall. Then, i covered one wall with bird paper. It came out so friggin' cute!

Kel also tore off all the old door/window mouldings and made new ones. And, he is also working on a built in bookshelf in a lost corner that Robin has, so we can eliminate some more furniture. (space issues, less is more). We ran out of time for this week, so work will continue the next. All trims and doors will be painted, Kel will work more on the bookshelf, and I will work on transforming the leaves on the tree to match the new room.



After that, some more finishing touches and all should be done. Though I'm hoping to find Robin a new (well, vintage) desk somewhere i can spruce up. can't wait to see it all done!


Click here to see the pics of what we have done so far!

1 comment: