Sunday, March 21, 2010

yay! spring!


Wow, the weather has been so great here lately! We actually had warm weather on the first day of spring!
And, i have not been updating my blog really lately. First, because I was just tired and hibernating, and now, because it's so great outside It just feels silly to do anything inside. And at night, after the kids finally are in bed (much later than usual, with daylight saving time in effect now), I'm just tired from all the fresh air.
So, life has been good! Everything is taking place outside, lunch (no breakfast yet, still cold in the a.m), as soon as the kids get out of school, they have snack and make homework outside, then they play outside, and a few times when it was warmer, we also ate outside.The grill has had it's first few uses,and every day, things look a little springier, the tulips come out a bit more, the crocuses were blooming today, and the daffodils are about to.
I've been really longing for spring this winter, more than usual, because it's been such a cold long winter.
I'm excited to pack away the winter gear, be able to send the kids outside (especially Quinn) without spending 10 minutes first putting on snowsuits, mittens and boots..


I'll post a couple of pictures for now from last week and yesterday.
Yesterday at the park, Robin decided to get way up in the tree. Normally she doesn't go too far, but she said Isla had taught her. Anyway, she is up there so I tell her, "be careful Robin!" and Robin says: "Don't worry mommy, your daughter is going to be o.k!" :-D And I even got her to repeat it on camera too! Then a movie where Raul shows the cool stickhouse plus garage he built, en Quinn destroys it. :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment