June 16th is the day. Tomorrow she'll get a checkup at her pediatrician, and then the 16th she will have the surgery to hopefully straighten out her eyes. It's a simple surgery, she'll go home the same day, and should recover quickly, but I'll be glad when it's over. I showed Robin this video so she can see what to expect a little. I told her she will be sleeping when they are "fixing" her eye, and when she wakes up it'll be done. And also that she may not feel to great but she will be o.k. Robin was mostly concerned whether she will need a shot of any kind. I told her I'm not sure, but i did read that they usually give the IV after the anesthesia kicks in, so she may not even realize it.
Anyway, I told her she could pick out something for a present for her after surgery. Whatever she liked..Robin decided the gift of choice would be a "big huge Cinderella". Yikes
She has 2 of these 3 foot tall princesses, but hey, i let her pick, so that's what i get. She was so excited with the prospect of having it .. She was squealing with delight yesterday as she exclaimed: "I can't wait for the surgery! Hooray! I'll have a Cinderella!". :-D Not quite what you'd expect..
So, this morning, she brings up the doll again,
.Robin: "Mommy, I'm so excited you will get me that Cinderella!"
me: "i will try to see if I can get it o.k, i can't promise it yet, because it's harder to find. (I'm getting it on eBay).
Robin: "I think it's happiness to surprise your little daughter!"
Wait, did my recently turned 5 year old just say that? yup she did.. Where she gets it from? I have absolutely no idea..
So, let me get back to Ebay, I'm watching some Cinderellas there..
Hallo mede-Neder-Amerikaantje! Dacht ik kom ook eens bij jou op bezoek.
ReplyDeleteHopelijk zal het allemaal meevallen met de operatie. Grappig dat ze een Cinderella wil. Leuke kinderen heb je, zo cute :)
Ik hoop dat alles voorspoedig gaat en dat je de Cinderella vindt!
ReplyDeletehahaha ze is toch al heel wijs voor haar leeftijd:-)))