
Allright, it was the first day of summer, and summer was nowhere in sight, but that doesn't mean you can't have a good day right?
Today was a cozy day, grey, bits of drizzle, and blustery. The kind of weather that makes you want to have coffee with a cozy sweater. A bit fallish. I don't know why but i like days like those kind of days. If it's warm and sunny all week I get nothing done, because i feel guilty when I'm doing something inside, as if I'm supposed to be outside.
Anyway, I took the kids to Dufresne's this morning, thinking i should get them out before it got too wet. We practically had the park to ourselves most of the time. Robin climbed trees, Raul fished in puddles with a stick, and Quinn ran around. We really just chilled. We went home for lunch at noon. Quinn took a nap, and after we decided to take a walk around the block. It was drizzling just a bit, so i figured we'd be fine. As we reached Reynolds field though, it started pouring. Robin didn't care, Raul didn't care. Quinn and I sought shelter under a tree but finally surrendered. Everyone jumped in puddles and the kids had a blast!
To top it off, I let Raul and Robin stay up late because they were playing so nicely together with Legos, no fighting, for over an hour! They even gave each other compliments on their building skills. It was quite scary. :-p
Ohh, and yes, we didn't forget Father's day today. But, Kel had to work so we didn't get further than some breakfast and presentst before he had to leave. Still though, Kel, we love you! You're the best dad the kids could wish for!
click here for the photoalbum, or click on the picture.
Lekker toch, ravotten in de regen. Ergens verliezen we dat als we ouder worden en bang van nat worden :)
ReplyDeleteLeuk dat ze fijn samen kunnen spelen. Gisteren zat ik me hier nog te bedenken hoeveel meppen die jongens van ons vroeger aan elkaar gegeven hebben, en hoe goed het nu samen gaat. Bij jou is die start er ook al!
Ja inderdaad, we zijn niet van suiker! haha (dat zei m'n moeder altijd).En natte modderkleren, daarvoor zijn de wasmachines uitgevonden!
ReplyDeleteJaah, heerlijk is dat als ze lekker spelen samen! Het komt voor hoor, maar de laaste tijd zitten ze elkaar vooral graag te irriteren zoveel mogelijk. Het gaat een beetje heen en weer. Maarja, het komt vast goed later! Want ik was vroeger ook precies zo met m'n eigen broer en zus.