Tuesday, July 19, 2011

another year, another summer..



Well, I should make the effort to at least write one post in July right?
Things have been busy. I don't really have time to write anything, even though I have plenty of stuff in my head I could write down.

And here we are in another summer. I'm managing, and thanks to summer camp and babysitters I can maintain some sort of sanity. The kids love camp, and the babysitters, so it's all good.
It's nice to be able to spend time with my special someone, and not have any responsibilities, sleep in late at times, and recharge.
So that way, I have enough energy to try and keep doing the fun summer stuff we always did. Perhaps not as often as I'd like to, but we did make it to the beach again recently.
We did what we usually did, and did something new as well. 2 days before, when I was at the beach with out the kids, but with my special "friend", we discovered some new places that were nice as well, so I decided to switch the routine and took the kids for dockside dining after instead of Mc Donalds at the beach.
Hopefully somewhere in this crazy summer we'll find time to get back!



So the kids having summer vacation really isn't so stressful now. My stress comes from the impending bathroom remodel. They should be starting the demo on friday, but these contractors.They are not best at keeping in touch. I need a bunch of reconfirmations that stuff will actually happen, and I won't really believe it 'till I see it.
I can't really believe that our crappy old bathroom will finally look normal. Kel would be thrilled I know. 
But undertaking such a project alone is pretty intense, even if I'm not actually doing the work myself.
I made sure to take some wonderful "before" pictures, so we can hopefully put those together soon with the afters.

Then next after, will be Holland. Wow yes, Holland. I have no idea what that will do to me. I think next week it'll be a year ago that the 5 of us left. I remember all the trouble we had getting there. The cancelled flight and all. Sometimes I wish we never went, but of course that makes no sense. But it still feels a bit bad. 
Looking back on this blog it is so strange to see how things were, just normal. We did things together. Up 'till the last day before Kel died and we walked around the "Posbank". Making plans to come back there in a few days, not having a clue that the next day everything as we knew it would be in the past.

Yes, the big one year is coming up. I can't believe it's almost been a year. A year without my crazy sweet husband. A year of my kids not having a dad anymore.
It's been hard but I'm thankful for my strength and optimism. I'm thankful for the relationships I've gained. New ones, and ones that were there and have gotten stronger. Other relationships have faded, which is sad, but in a way good. It is the way things go, you win some, you loose some, and at the moment, surrounding myself with the people who want what's best for me and my family is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment