Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm back!

Wow, just had the most amazing vacation ever. I was a bit nervous before we left, because I've never travelled that far  with the kids before.
But really, the travel part wasn't all that bad, and the vacation itself was great.
Before we left my body was aching for days, I had neck and headaches, and there was none of that while we were there. :)
I guess stress can be a bitch. I'm doing well, and feeling good, but at the same time I feel sometimes like I can barely keep my head above the water.

I feel good, I really do, happy even, but at the same time I can't help but worry. I worry if I do everything right for my kids. It's hard to find a good balance between thinking about myself, about what practically needs to get done, and having time for the kids. Nobody taught me how to do this, so sometimes I feel like I'm just doing whatever.
Though I guess all is well, the kids are happy, and I'm too, so that must mean something is going well right?

So I officially closed the blog to invited/accepted readers only. I started feeling a bit funny posting so much personal business and not really knowing who's reading it. I started closing my photo albums and didn't write much anymore. Though that last thing also has to do with lack of time, the whole idea about this blog was to have an easy way to keep my friends and family updated on what's going on.

Though I'm still not crazy about telling all, like about my love life (wow, sounds funny to say that doesn't it), I can tell you that deciding to put myself out there again, has truly been a great decision. No matter how things end up, I feel i met a great person, at the right time, which has really helped me in feeling happier.

So I could go on, and tell you how wonderful our vacation was, but I think photos tell all. I put albums on face book, so the ones who are on there probably saw them already, but I will post the links here so you non facebookers can see them. It's a link that anyone can view, so you don't have to be on FB.

And a little video of Quinn :)






2 comments:

  1. Ik denk dat je het geweldig doet Syl, iedereen heeft zijn recht op geluk, dat Kel er niet meer is, wil niet zeggen dat jij ook maar moet ophouden met leven. Daarom is er een gezegde zoals het leven gaat door.

    Het was in de Indiaanse historie dat vrouwen zich lieten verbranden met hun echtgenotes als die het leven lieten, dat doen we niet meer, letterlijk en figuurlijk. Het heeft geen zin om als een kluizenaar te gaan leven omdat het leven een andere wending nam dan jullie voor ogen hadden.

    Je hebt nog steeds je kinderen die je nodig hebben en die hebben een gelukkig happy syl nodig, niet een moeder die het leven zelf ook niet meer ziet zitten.

    Dat zal moeilijk zijn voor mensen die dicht bij Kel staan, maar als ze zelf door dezelfde situatie zouden gaan als jij nu, wellicht zouden ze dan ook heel anders denken, maar dan nog, dit gaat om jou en hoe jij je voelt en jij hebt het recht om gelukkig te zijn, samen met je kinderen.

    Ik sta een 100% achter je!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an awesome trip with a lot of smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete