Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Spring!


Finally, spring is here!
Where the snow on my deck came up to my waist about a months ago, it is now all gone, which allowed me to clean up and make it ready for having breakfast/cups of coffee/lunch/glasses of wine etc at.
And yes, the never ending sad side note to that would be that very empty looking chair across, where Kel was supposed to be sitting, while we were having a coffee break. I guess that always remains with everything I do for the first time since Kel is gone.

But, there to cheer me up were my dear pansies. I can't wait each year for the garden centers to roll them out. And i buy a big stack as soon as they do.(and Kel would always grin at my excitement when i spotted them on a Home Depot trip)
So, I went to Home Depot Friday to order some new storm doors. I was there Thursday, but no pansies yet. But lo and behold,
There they were, looking so cute, with their beautiful colors, and I couldn't choose. I bought 3 flats, and put them in pots allover my patio and front/back deck. I have flowers! Flowers in my dull brown leafy backyard.


And to top it off, the weather was good enough, and the snow gone enough, for me to hang some laundry outside! Yay, the simple joys of early spring. A flat (or 2, or 3) of pansies, and clean laundry on the laundry line!
I'm such a housewife!

Then the other great thing of early spring, the kids can't get enough of playing outside!
It was so nice to see them all out today. One minute they were at this person's house, then at that person's, then they were all riding bikes in a pack. Then some more neighbourhood kids plus puppy joined, and this all continued 'till it got dark. I Let Quinny go along too, though I was a bit nervous. But he wanted to hang out with the bigger kids so badly (and lets face it, he looks like one of them size wise)so I let him. He proudly rode on his scooter, waving at me, while I was praying that he and the cars on our street were paying attention.

All went well, the kids came in late, and dirty, and it was all good.
I think I'm ready to live somewhere snow less, it's so much better this way :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, snow is nice for a little while but I too need green and color:-) Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete