Dear Kel,
This Monday is Valentine's day. And that also just so happens to be the 6 month anniversary.
6 months have passed since we were on vacation and you drove off real quick to do something.
And we never saw you again.
And we never saw you again.
6 months since I sat on the porch at my parents house, hearing those awful sirens, and wondering what sort of horrible thing must have happened for that much firetruck turnout.
6 months since I still sat there and wondered why you hadn't come home yet, and the terrible thought that something could have happened to you crept up on me.
6 months since I panicked and got so sick, because I felt something was wrong and I could not imagine living without you.
6 months since my dad came home with a grim expression on his face, and my nighmare became reality and i screamed as loud as I could.
6 months since I've had to do the hardest thing in my life, and tell the kids you had died.
I cannot believe half a year has passed.
I was so in love. With you, our kids, our life, everything.
I had no idea how this experience would shape me for the time ahead., but i decided to jump in and deal with it as best as I knew how.
Amazingly, my love for life still excists. There are darker days, but there are always plenty of lights in those days that remind me that life goes on, and I still have plenty to live for.
Amazingly, my love for life still excists. There are darker days, but there are always plenty of lights in those days that remind me that life goes on, and I still have plenty to live for.
I feel that you are by my side still, helping me through this, and helping me to stay true to myself.
Because you know the kind of person I am.
I feel so strong, that I can say I'm ready to open my heart again.
You will always be in it, but I don't want to be alone forever.
I am still alive and beeing able to share some things with another person again really helps me feel that.
I know how good life can be because of the amazing relationship we had.
I know that you're happy for me, because you told me in my dream the other night. That really meant so much to me.
I'd never thought 6 months ago, that I'd be looking forward to this Valentine's day, but I am.
You will always be in it, but I don't want to be alone forever.
I am still alive and beeing able to share some things with another person again really helps me feel that.
I know how good life can be because of the amazing relationship we had.
I know that you're happy for me, because you told me in my dream the other night. That really meant so much to me.
I'd never thought 6 months ago, that I'd be looking forward to this Valentine's day, but I am.
I feel blessed to be able to share it with someone. Life is completely unpredictable.
Thank you Kel, for the wonderful love you have given me, and that I still feel you are giving me. You have helped me be the strong person that I am today, because you were in my life.
I will always love you, and I'll never forget you.


Een half jaar alweer....... Wat gaat de tijd toch snel. Fijn dat het goed gaat met je. Met Robin, Quinn en Raul ook?
ReplyDeleteMarjon
Hey Marjon,
ReplyDeleteJa gaat goed met ze hoor. Quinn en Robin vooral. Raul maak ik me wat drukker om soms. Wat ander gedrag hoort erbij natuurlijk, maar hij is zo'n gesloten typje, en dat vind ik best moeilijk. Dat ik weet dat hij ergens mee zit, maar hij wil er niks over zeggen. Maarja, ik blijf geduldig, zal wel wat langer duren bij hem.
Dat spelen met playmobiel is heel goed. Misschien dat je tijdens die speelmomenten beter met hem kan praten.
ReplyDeleteMarjon
Beautiful tribute! I love reading these type of stories, makes me all warm and fuzzy. :)
ReplyDeleteWOW een nieuwe relatie. Ik dacht al dat ik dit tussen de regels van je vorige blogs aan het lezen was. Hopelijk kan je schoonfamilie daar
ReplyDeletemee omgaan.
Elsje.
Hoi Elsje, ja dat las je goed. Het werd wat lastig bloggen met dat grote geheim. Maarja, the cat is out of the bag mbt de schoonfamilie. Dat gaat best goed. Niet met iedereen maar dat had ik ook niet verwacht. Maarja, het is niet anders, ik moet verder en wie daar een probleem mee heeft, heeft pech gehad.
ReplyDeleteWe zien wel waar het schip strand, maar ik heb het goed naar m'n zin nou, en dat voelt toch heerlijk.
Ik ben ontzettend blij voor je dat je iemand hebt om je leven verder mee te delen. Ik hoop dat Raul toch op een gegeven moment wel wil praten, wat Marjon zegt is een goede tip.
ReplyDeleteMooi geschreven, en heel fijn dat er een nieuwe relatie is. Ik hoop dat degenen in je schoonfamilie die het er nog moeilijk mee hebben het ook gauw kunnen accepteren.
ReplyDeleteMooi geschreven en net als Elsje las ik dat al zo'n beetje door de regels heen. Fijn hoor dat je happy bent en hopelijk kan iedereen dat in je schoonfamilie snel respecteren en dat ze begrijpen dat het niets afdoet aan de liefde voor Kelvin.
ReplyDelete