Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some of the good stuff..

Please behold this picture..see?
That's the Cayman Islands.
And it just so happened that I booked a week long trip for the kids and I in March!
I'd been thinking about taking a vacation in the spring. That that would be just enough to make it through that last stretch of winter. Plus, I think we deserved a vacation. Let's face it, our last attempt at a vacation didn't quite turn out so well.
So here we go!
I am very nervous though about the prospect of flying alone with 3 kids. Especially since my flight back arrives at midnight!
I can see it already, tired kids, luggage..O.K, erase! We are going to assume that by then I'll be so relaxed that that won't even be an issue, right?


We'll have a little condo, a few steps away from the beach. No circus, no activity schedule, but with a kitchen and wifi. What else do you really need besides that right? The only thing I know for sure so far we must do is swim with Stingrays. I've been looking into boat trips, it looks like it would be an awesome experience!
Oh, and I even ordered a 2 piece swimsuit. After deciding 2 years ago I wasn't doing anyone a favor by wearing a bikini after having had 3 kids, I decided to give it a go and ordered a nice retro style one (as in less skimpy). And I think I can actually sort of pull it off. Yay!
So see, and that is just one of the good things that is going on right now. There's life after death :)



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip, you so deserve it. And really, I think you can easily get away with a bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have a great time! We went to Grand Cayman last summer and did the swimming with singray's. So cool!! We also went swimming with the dolphins. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete