I've been trying to write something in memory of my dad.
You see, he lost his battle to cancer on May 17th at the age of 62.
So many things came up I wanted to say. But I couldn't get it right.
Then I realized,
My dad was a man of little words.
He was a great dad.
Quietly proud and loving.
A true businessman with a very big heart.
An optimist, someone who never gave up.
Modest and hard working.
Smart, thoughtful and practical.
He knew everything (or so he thought) but often did.
And the best cook.
He was the one who was there to tell me Kelvin had died.
How hard that must have been for him.
He was the one who told me not to worry.
And the more time I spent thinking about what to write, the more
it made me realize I'm more like my dad than I ever thought I was.
it made me realize I'm more like my dad than I ever thought I was.
It almost brought me to tears, because it was so beautiful.
I'm proud to be able to say that he was my dad. He was amazing.
And I feel lucky, to have so many strong, beautiful people up there, watching over me.
Hopefully guiding me throughout this sometimes tough but beautiful life I continue to go through.
I'll miss you dad. Take it easy on the Jagermeister up there with Kel. ;)


I'm so sorry about this loss! Written beautiful!
ReplyDelete